Tests for product pricing application
We have prepared end-to-end testing of a tool for pricing products, for a client from the pharmaceutical industry for markets around the world, and in many currencies.
TechnologiesOracle Databases / Tableau
A pharmaceutical company with branches in over 150 countries around the world, specializing in drug production and clinical research in the areas of oncology, immunology, ophthalmology, infectious diseases and neurobiology.
Our goal was to prepare regression tests during the maintenance phase and tests of newly implemented functionalities.
The testing team has prepared tests for an application that sets the prices of the products for markets around the world, in many currencies. It is also possible to add modifiers in the price of the application (e.g. promotions for specific clients, or temporary promotions). We have written back-end ETL tests, which checked prices processing along with modifiers generated by the application, and their transformation between databases and views used to present ready data in Business Intelligence reports created in Tableau. At the same time, we created automatic tests using Selenium WebDriver for FE Tableau reports, which are used for continuous regression using Jenkins.
- Updating and listing new test cases in HP ALM, covering current and new requirements.
- Checking the proper operation of the application from the side of front-end and use cases, based on business logic.
- Checking data accuracy and their processing from the back-end side, at every stage of the solution's operation.
- Automatic FE testing of reports in Tableau that runs automatically in Jenkins, after adding new data to reports on a daily basis.
- Obtaining an up-to-date database of manual regression, which allows to authenticate the reliability of current solution and to check it after adding new functionalities.
- Reducing the regression time of FE reports in Tableau from 4 hours to 30 minutes, as a result of automation.
- By saving time, it is possible to handle more tasks on operations and testing new functionalities.
Read other success stories