The project lasted approximately six months, and the migration process required in-depth analysis, and planning. The project team included an architect on the client’s side who assisted in mapping some of the processes, as well as three developers with different levels of seniority. When the migration was complete, two testers with Billennium supported the data verification process.
In the first stage, access to data proved challenging due to the legacy structure of Google Workspace used by the client. The new domain database was to have a top-class architecture, and to migrate the data, additional optimization scripts had to be written.
The scope of works
- Planning a Test Strategy (Iterative testing divided by Google Workspace scope)
- Quality Assurance Deliverables (Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Reports)
- Assessing and mitigating project’s risks
- Test Cases execution and Bug Reporting
- Supporting Component/Application Owners in testing iterations
- Preparation of Data Migration Plan
- Supporting OCM stream
- Creating and maintaining applications (in Java and Google Apps Script):
- user roles management/creating testing accounts in different domains
- test management and generating Test Data
- Google Drive files management
- creating custom Google Vault rules, Vault extractions, recreating and reporting.
At the end of the migration project, the testing phase commenced, and was completed successfully. The identified minor bugs were resolved on an ongoing basis.